03 Oct The Cuddle Buddy Project
The team at Elle Yarns and 67 Blankets for Nelson Mandela Day have decided to join forces for the good of the children in need in our nation.
We are challenging our crafty community to knit or crochet bears or any other cuddly character you like in any size, shape, or colour you like. Make as many as you can and you could be the reason for the smile on a child’s face this year!
There are two parts to participating in the project:
Create your cuddly toy(s), take a photo of your work, and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a bonus prize, by mean of lucky draw, we will also donate R3000 worth of yarn to 3 NPO’s supporting children in need! If we draw your entry, you get to nominate an organization close to your heart in your area. Not only have you put a smile on a child’s face, but you have also aided them in creating clothes, toys, decor… whatever they need with the yarn they will receive.
Get in touch with your local 67 Blankets ambassador and arrange your cuddly toy drop-off. We can only distribute it to the little people who need it most if this step is completed. Find your local ambassador by visiting 67blankets.co.za or simply click HERE.
All toys collected will be distributed to children in need all across South Africa!
To stand a chance to be entered into the lucky draw to nominate your favourite local NPO, be sure to send us your entry between 3 October 2023 – 17 November 2023.
Simply take a photo of your work and email your name and contact information (phone number/email address) to us.
You are welcome to use any yarn you like. We would highly recommend using our Charity range for availability and cost-effectiveness of your projects, though this is not a requirement.
Let’s use our craft to make the world a better place!
SHARE YOUR CUDDLE BUDDY CREATIONS ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND BE PART OF THE COMMUNITY USING #THECUDDLEBUDDYPROJECT2023
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This campaign is run by Saprotex International (Elle Yarns) in association with 67 Blankets for Nelson Mandela Day.
2. By participating in this campaign, you accept and agree to the following terms and conditions which will govern the campaign.
3. This campaign requires the submission of photographs, which requires that you are the owner of the copyright of the image submitted (you took the image yourself).
4. Participants do not need to create their own pattern designs and can use existing patterns to enter.
5. Only entries received online via email@example.com in the allotted time will be accepted.
6. The campaign will run from 3 October 2023 until midnight on 17 November 2023. Late or incomplete entries will not be accepted. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost or delayed. Entries reflected within Saprotex International (Elle Yarns) records will be treated as the only validation source and will be the only evidence of successful entries.
7. Participants may create any type of toy they like. There is no prerequisite.
8. Entries may be submitted by one person or by a group/team.
9. Only one entry per person/per group. If more than one entry is submitted, the first entry received will be the only one entered into the lucky draw.
10. It is the responsibility of the participant to arrange the collection/drop-off of their submission with the relevant 67 Blankets ambassador.
11. The lucky draw winners will be chosen by the team at 67 Blankets by way of random draw.
12. Only NPO’s aiding children in need will be considered for nomination for the yarn hamper prizes.
13. By participating in this campaign, the entrant consents that Saprotex International (Elle Yarns) and 67 Blankets for Nelson Mandela Day may use names and images taken of the winners for publicity purposes, without any further remuneration.
14. The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered in to.
15. Participants in this campaign hereby indemnify, release, and hold harmless Saprotex International (Elle Yarns) and their employees, suppliers, agents, directors, and shareholders from and against any losses, claims, proceedings, actions, damages, liability for harm, injury or death, demands, expenses or any costs howsoever arising out of their participation in this competition.
16. This campaign is not in any way affiliated to and/or endorsed by Facebook or Instagram.
17. Saprotex International (Elle Yarns) reserve the right to cancel, modify or amend the campaign at any time if deemed necessary in their own opinion or if circumstances arise outside of their control.