31 Mar Inspired by Wildlife // April Competition
Be inspired by wildlife and create a wildlife-themed toy in the month of April and 3 lucky winners could stand a chance to win R2000 each.
Knit or crochet a wild animal, anything that resides in the plains of the Kruger, to the jungles of the Amazon. “Wildlife” are animals that live independently of people, usually in natural conditions.
Your animal can be big or small, knitted or crocheted, just be sure to use any Elle Yarns or Charity yarn to craft with. We’ve recently added new colours and ranges to our offering, so be sure to check in with your local stores about price and availability.
Have a look at our shade album to get some inspiration for your work by clicking HERE.
To enter, submit a maximum of two photos per entry. One photo should clearly show the ball band(s) of the yarn(s) you used, with the item (required). Another image can be submitted showing your item styled creatively. Separate images of the ball bands will not be counted as valid.
Send the photos to email@example.com along with your name and contact details. Take some time to read the terms and conditions below carefully to make sure your entry is valid.
Entries are open from 1 April 2023 until midnight, 23 April 2023. The judging team at Saprotex International will go through all the valid entries and select the top entries based on the excellence and presentation of the final product. Those finalists’ items will be uploaded to the Elle Yarns Facebook Page and the public will get to vote for the winners over the course of 5 days. The 3 finalists with the most votes will each win a cash prize of R2000 each!
Let your imagination run wild, and you could be one of our winners!
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This competition is run by Saprotex International (Elle Yarns).
2. By entering this competition, you accept and agree to the following terms and conditions which will govern the competition.
3. This competition requires the submission of photographs, which requires that you are the owner of the copyright of the image submitted. Any entrant who contravenes these rules may be disqualified from the competition.
4. Participants do not need to create their own pattern designs and can use existing patterns to enter.
5. Only entries received online via firstname.lastname@example.org will be accepted.
6. You may only enter this competition if you are a citizen and permanent resident of South Africa or Namibia.
7. You need to be able to supply valid banking information to claim your prize. All prizes will only be delivered via EFT, no cash or other methods of payment.
8. The competition will run 1 April 2023 until midnight on 23 April 2023. Late or incomplete entries will not be accepted. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost or delayed. Entries reflected within Saprotex International (Elle Yarns) records will be treated as the only validation source and will be the only evidence of successful entries.
9. To enter the competition: Knit or crochet a wild animal using Elle Yarns or Charity ONLY. “Wildlife” are animals that live independently of people, usually in natural conditions. Submit your entry before the closing date of the competition.
10. Only two images per entrant. One photo needs to clearly show the ball band(s) of the yarn used with the item. Another image can be submitted showing the item styled creatively. Separate images of the ball bands will not be counted as valid.
11. Entries may be submitted by one person only. No team/group/partnerships will be allowed.
12. Finalists will be chosen by the judges at Saprotex International. The finalists’ entries will be uploaded to the Elle Yarns Facebook page where the public will vote for the winners. The 3 images with the most reactions in the allotted time, will win.
13. The prize is neither negotiable nor transferable.
14. Saprotex International (Elle Yarns) will contact the winners within three days following the close of voting via email. The winners will have five days to respond and claim their prize. If the winners cannot be contacted or does not respond to messages within that period of time, the runner up will take their place.
15. By entering this competition, the entrant consents that Saprotex International (Elle Yarns) may use names and images taken of the winners for publicity purposes, without any further remuneration.
16. The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered in to.
17. If you have won a competition with Saprotex International (Elle Yarns), you will only be eligible to win again after three months have passed from the date of being announced “the winner”.
18. You may not enter the competition if you are a director, member, partner, employee, agent or supplier to Saprotex International (Elle Yarns), or their respective spouses, partners, family members (parents, siblings and children), business partners or associates.
19. Participants in this competition hereby indemnify, release, and hold harmless Saprotex International (Elle Yarns) and their employees, suppliers, agents, directors, and shareholders from and against any losses, claims, proceedings, actions, damages, liability for harm, injury or death, demands, expenses or any costs howsoever arising out of their participation in this competition.
20. This competition is not in any way affiliated to and/or endorsed by Facebook or Instagram.
21. Saprotex International (Elle Yarns) reserve the right to cancel, modify or amend the competition at any time if deemed necessary in their own opinion or if circumstances arise outside of their control.