27 Jun Gag Month // July Competition
We’re making kitsch cool for the month of July.
Knit, crochet or craft something super-kitsch, over-the-top and absolutely outrageous using any of our variegated yarns (Elle or Charity)! We’re talking over-the-top tea cosies, mixed and matched garments/accessories, knitted shorts, bodysuits or even the classic bold and colourful toilet roll holders. Anything that makes you cringe as you create it is exactly what we’re looking for. Your creation must be made with 100% variegated yarns (required).
Dare to enter the most kitsch, colourful creation and you could stand a chance to win R5000 in cash!
To enter, submit a maximum of two photos per entry. For this competition we want the image to be styled. If you’ve created the funkiest toilet roll holder anyone has ever seen, we want to see it as it would be used. The same counts for those crochet shorts or knitted tea cosies. Make sure to show us the ball bands of the yarn you used with your item in the photo (required). Separate images of the ball bands will not be counted as valid.
Send the photos to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your name and contact details. Take some time to read the terms and conditions below carefully to make sure your entry is valid.
Entries are open from 27 June 2022 until midnight, 24 July 2022. The judging team at Saprotex International will go through all the valid entries and select the top entries based on the excellence and presentation of the final product. Those finalists’ items will be uploaded to the Elle Yarns Facebook Page and the public will get to vote for the winner over the course of 5 days.
What are you waiting for? Time for an outing to your local yarn store to get hold of our Elle or Charity variegated yarns, so you can also stand a chance to win a very exciting R 5 000 cash prize!
Current variegated yarn options: Aglow / Duo / Lullaby / Pullskein / Pure Gold / Rizo / Alula / Colour Crush / Denim Look / Fairy’s Delight / Family Knit Vintage / Shabang / Spylo / Charity
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This competition is run by Saprotex International (Elle Yarns).
2. By entering this competition, you accept and agree to the following terms and conditions which will govern the competition.
3. This competition requires the submission of photographs, which requires that you are the owner of the copyright of the image submitted. Any entrant who contravenes these rules may be disqualified from the competition.
4. Participants do not need to create their own pattern designs and can use existing patterns to enter.
5. Only entries received online via email@example.com will be accepted.
6. You may only enter this competition if you are a citizen and permanent resident of South Africa or Namibia.
7. You need to be able to supply valid banking information to claim your prize. All prizes will only be delivered via EFT, no cash or other methods of payment.
8. The competition will run from 27 June 2022 until midnight on 24 July 2022. Late or incomplete entries will not be accepted. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost or delayed. Entries reflected within Saprotex International (Elle Yarns) records will be treated as the only validation source and will be the only evidence of successful entries.
9. To enter the competition: create any wearable/decorative item by either knitting, crocheting or crafting with Elle or Charity variegated yarns. The items must be made from 100% variegated yarns. Submit your entry before the closing date of the competition.
10. Only two images per entrant. The images of the items must be styled and shown in the way it would be used. I.e clothing should be worn and decorative items displayed where/how they would be displayed/used. The ball band(s) of the yarn(s) used must be clearly photographed with the item. An optional second photo can be submitted as well.
11. Entries may be submitted by one person only. No team/group/partnerships will be allowed.
12. Four finalists will be chosen by the judges at Saprotex International. The 4 finalists’ entries will be uploaded to the Elle Yarns Facebook page where the public will vote for the winner. The image with the most reactions in the allotted time, will win.
13. The prize is neither negotiable nor transferable.
14. Saprotex International (Elle Yarns) will contact the winner within three days following the close of voting via email. The winner will have seven days to respond and claim their prize. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not respond to messages within that period of time, the runner up will take their place.
15. By entering this competition, the entrant consents that Saprotex International (Elle Yarns) may use names and images taken of the winners for publicity purposes, without any further remuneration.
16. The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. If you have won a competition with Saprotex International (Elle Yarns), you will only be eligible to win again after three months have passed from the date of being announced “the winner”.
18. You may not enter the competition if you are a director, member, partner, employee, agent or supplier to Saprotex International (Elle Yarns), or their respective spouses, partners, family members (parents, siblings and children), business partners or associates.
19. Participants in this competition hereby indemnify, release, and hold harmless Saprotex International (Elle Yarns) and their employees, suppliers, agents, directors, and shareholders from and against any losses, claims, proceedings, actions, damages, liability for harm, injury or death, demands, expenses or any costs howsoever arising out of their participation in this competition.
20. This competition is not in any way affiliated to and/or endorsed by Facebook or Instagram.
21. Saprotex International (Elle Yarns) reserve the right to cancel, modify or amend the competition at any time if deemed necessary in their own opinion or if circumstances arise outside of their control.