24 Jan SHOW YOUR Heart // February competition
Wear your heart on your sleeve during the month of love.
Create a heart that reflects your own unique flavour. Are you a stay-at-home mom who can ride a unicycle? Perhaps a punk-rocker with a passion for stamp collecting? Maybe you’re the big guy at the rugby game with a handful of crochet hooks instead of a cooler bag? Show us who you are!
Use as many or as little colours as you want. Make one heart or 10, colourful or with unique patterns. Go absolutely wild and show us what your heart looks like.
You can knit, crochet or craft, but you must use Elle Showcase DK to complete your project.
Once you’ve completed the heart, take a beautiful photo of it, showing the Elle Showcase DK ball band clearly in the photo. We want to get to know you better, so send the photo of the heart, along with a description/story of why your creation is a perfect reflection of you, to email@example.com. Entries without a description will not be eligible to win.
Entries are open from 24 January 2022 until midnight, 20 February 2022. The team at Saprotex International will go through all the valid entries and select the top 4 based on how creative the description and the heart is. Those 4 finalists’ designs will be uploaded to the Elle Yarns Facebook Page and the public will get to vote for the winner over the course of 5 days.
So, make sure you get down to your local yarn shop TODAY and grab a few skeins of Showcase DK so you can stand a chance to win a very exciting R5000 cash prize!
Please ensure to read the competition terms and conditions carefully before entering.
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This competition is run by Saprotex International (Elle Yarns).
2. By entering this competition, you accept and agree to the following terms and conditions which will govern the competition.
3. This competition requires the submission of photographs, which requires that you are the owner of the copyright of the image as well as the item photographed. Any entrant who contravenes these rules may be disqualified from the competition.
4. Only entries received online via firstname.lastname@example.org will be accepted.
5. You may only enter this competition if you are a citizen and permanent resident of South Africa or Namibia.
6. You need to be able to supply valid banking information to claim your prize. All prizes will only be delivered via EFT, no cash or other methods of payment.
7. The competition will run from 24 January 2022 until midnight on 20 February 2022. Late or incomplete entries will not be accepted. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost or delayed. Entries reflected within Saprotex International (Elle Yarns) records will be treated as the only validation source and will be the only evidence of successful entries.
8. To enter the competition: create a heart (knit/crochet/craft) with Showcase DK (required). Take a photo of your work, showing the Showcase ball band within the image as well. Send your entry along with an explanation as to why your creation is a reflection of you before the closing date of the competition. Entries without a description will not be viable to win. Only one image per entrant.
9. Four finalists will be chosen by the judges at Saprotex International. The 4 finalists’ entries will be uploaded to the Elle Yarns Facebook page where the public will vote for the winner. The image with the most reactions in the allotted time, will win.
10. Voting will close on 28 February 2022 at midnight. Any votes cast after the closing time will not be taken into account.
11. The prize is neither negotiable nor transferable.
12. Saprotex International (Elle Yarns) will contact the winner within three days following the close of voting via email. The winner will have seven days to respond and claim their prize. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not respond to messages within that period of time, the runner up will take their place.
13. By entering this competition, the entrant consents that Saprotex International (Elle Yarns) may use names and images taken of the winners for publicity purposes, without any further remuneration.
14. The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. If you have won a competition with Saprotex International (Elle Yarns), you will only be eligible to win again after three months have passed from the date of being announced “the winner”.
16. You may not enter the competition if you are a director, member, partner, employee, agent or supplier to Saprotex International (Elle Yarns), or their respective spouses, partners, family members (parents, siblings and children), business partners or associates.
17. Participants in this competition hereby indemnify, release, and hold harmless Saprotex International (Elle Yarns) and their employees, suppliers, agents, directors, and shareholders from and against any losses, claims, proceedings, actions, damages, liability for harm, injury or death, demands, expenses or any costs howsoever arising out of their participation in this competition.
18. This competition is not in any way affiliated to and/or endorsed by Facebook.
19. Saprotex International (Elle Yarns) reserve the right to cancel, modify or amend the competition at any time if deemed necessary in their own opinion or if circumstances arise outside of their control.